As the scope of the coronavirus pandemic continues to expand, Aetna continues to show its commitment to help support and protect its members.
The carrier is mindful of the challenges their small business customers and employees have had to face, which has led to the initiative to again extend and expand coverage, benefits options, and even healthcare packages to aid those affected by COVID-19.
Additional benefits that have been expanded for members include:
- Free Support Services — If you’re a member that needs to talk to someone, Aetna offers emotional and mental well-being counselors.
- Free Coronavirus Testing — Aetna is offering $0 copays for any diagnostic testing and doctor visits related to COVID-19 if the member meets the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines for testing.
- No Cost-Sharing for Inpatient Admissions to help treat COVID-19 or related health complications through September 30, 2020. This applies to all insured commercial plans. Self-insured plan sponsors can offer this waiver at their discretion.
- Free Care Packages — If a member is diagnosed and hospitalized with COVID-19, Aetna will send a care package to help members recover at home. The package includes personal care items and household supplies.
- Free Delivery on CVS Pharmacy Prescriptions — Members have the option of one to two-day delivery when prescriptions are ready between March 9, 2020 through June 30, 2020. Aetna is waiving early refill limits through September 20, 2020.
Resources available to you:
- Teladoc options through the Aetna Health app.
- Crisis response lines for all members. Call 1-833-327-2386 (TTY: 711). All Aetna and CVS Caremark members also have access to Aetna’s nurse medical line at 1-800-556-1555 (TTY: 711). More mental health resources available here.
- Set up your at-home delivery for CVS Pharmacy prescriptions here.
As the situation continues to evolve, Aetna will evaluate their efforts and act accordingly to best meet member needs. For more information regarding member benefits, we encourage you to visit Aetna’s website.
Trust the Creative Benefits Team to keep you updated on pertinent industry news. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have at 866-306-0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.