Health plans and health insurance issuers must submit their second prescription drug data collection report (RxDC) by June 1, 2023. As an annual requirement, plans and issuers are required to submit the reports (containing information from the previous calendar year) by June 1 to the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Treasury (Departments). RxDC reports must be submitted on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) RxDC website.
The reports contain information regarding:
- prescription drug and health care service expenses;
- the costliest prescription drugs, accounting for the most spending;
- the most frequently prescribed drugs;
- prescription drug rebates from manufacturers; and
- patient premiums and cost-sharing.
The first RXDC report, which covered data from 2020 and 2021, was due December 27, 2022, but was provided a grace period through January 31, 2023.
This second RxDC report on 2022 data is due June 1, 2023, and the Departments have not announced any deadline extension.
If you have any questions regarding the second prescription drug data collection and its requirements, please contact your dedicated Creative Benefits, Inc. team member.